Friday, March 6, 2009

Why I needed this online language course?

I am a constructional contractor and I have developed my business for ten years now. I managed successfully with every obstacle brought by the economical situation. But because of the increased crisis situation my business went down. The orders from the Bulgarian firms reduced to a minimum, many of my clients gave up on constructional business. I had to figure out fast something to save my firm. I decided to turn to foreign corporations to ask for assistance and to offer collaboration. My broad experience and my numerous successes won some firms’ confidence and my future work with them was contractual.

I was glad that I solved the serious problem, but I didn’t expect that there was going to appear another obstacle, which wasn’t for neglect – my staff knew English just to manage to buy a loaf of bread from an American department store. There were coming so many business meetings, we had to prepare and sign new contracts, not to mention the daily correspondence between my firm and the foreign ones. Of course I immediately decided to hire translators, but after a short inquiry I understood that the highly skilled translators were going to cost a lot of money and my business was still very weak to afford they services.

My only possibility was my stuff to reach a high enough level in English to be able to communicate fluently with my business partners. But how to make people with families and very little spare time study English? The ordinary language courses would cost cheaper but not every employee would have the physical possibility to visit the classes at the same time and the private teachers would require too much money. I was desperate. I was thinking that my business was ruined. Until one day a friend of mine mentioned that she was studying English via a Bulgarian web-site. At first I couldn’t believe her, because I hadn’t heard of such thing before. But I decided to check on the site in question. After my first visit I was amazed – the system was clear and very flexible. I could enroll my stuff in an online foreign language course and they could study wherever and whenever they want. The courses were taking place every time of the day. I could choose whether the courses would be during the office hours or during the spare time of my stuff. I was filled with admiration for the wide choice of courses – there were offered courses in English, in business English, in German, in French, etc.

The levels of education were also different – for beginners as well as for advanced. There were taking place specialized and additional courses at your choice. After reading the information, I realized that no matter how much my stuff had studied English, they all would gain a high level of knowledge. In the lessons there were used many audio and video files, which is not commonly seen in our national educational system. The thing which delighted me very much was that my employees would study with the help of highly qualified teachers, and not only read and listen to old records. The system supported a wide variety of educational materials and tests, that’s why it wasn’t necessary to buy books. I didn’t have to pay for transport and schoolrooms, which saved money for me and time for my stuff.

The web-site appeared very attractive but I decided to check on some of the corporative clients of this english online course – they were some of the big companies in the country. This educational system clearly was too serious to be neglected, so I decided to enroll my stuff in a business English course. Litesee.com gave me even a discount from the full price. I was glad that I had found the right English course. Now my employees had to like it.

Everybody took seriously the course, they were visiting regularly the web-site, they were doing various exercises, they were participating in the process of teaching. My stuff was studying hard the English language and for their headway I was judging by the statistics in the web-site for their progress. It was interesting that my employees weren’t studying alone – in the lunch breaks they were gathering into groups and they were discussing problems with the vocabulary or the grammar, helping each other with the homework and sharing the new knowledge and abilities – a true teamwork! I was glad that I had chosen an online foreign language course which was not boring for my stuff and is useful and pleasant at the same time. Soon they started to communicate in English between them just for fun. Some of them hadn’t known a word in English before and now they were talking in the foreign language. My employees learnt many business terms, they got used to communicate in a business environment, and for these reasons I was now calm for my meetings with the foreign firms.

After two or three months my crew was totally changed. Now they write the business correspondence in English, they understand the contracts, they prepare offers in the foreign language, they talk on the phone with my business partners from other countries, they even translate me during business meetings. And all that gives them pleasure, because they realize that it is never too late to learn something new, even a foreign language.

After completing the course my stuff received documents which certify their ability to speak fluently in English. I couldn’t wish for more – my business prospers again, I work with many foreign companies without facing problems connected with the language barrier. I saved my firm and my employees added an important skill to their CVs – written and spoken communication in English and all that thanks to Litesee.

No comments:

Post a Comment